With these aesthetic and high-quality products, we create new concepts around outdoor cooking and range a cooking techniques. The cooking appliances of our brands The Bastard, Grill Guru, Grizzly Grills and OFYR bring people together in the great outdoor.
For our R&D Team, located in Haarlem we are looking for a:
In this new role, you’ll build and lead Fyron’s packaging engineering capabilities. While packaging has been developed with both renowned global suppliers and local producers, it is a huge opportunity for the business to fully embrace this expertise by means of this new role. Package optimization, Sustainability and consumer experience are themes that spark your interest. Everything you know about packaging will prove to be valuable in this role and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to apply that to our wide range of products.
In this role, you’ll join Fyron’s R&D Team, reporting to the R&D manager. You connect with your fellow team members, as well as our colleagues and partners in the Global Supply Chain. You’ll also work closely with the Quality Manager, the Customer Service teams and Sourcing team to find out challenges and discover new possibilities.
While we know that we want our packaging to be exciting, protective, compliant, smart and as sustainable as possible, you will truly build a list of requirements for the various product categories. You engage with packaging suppliers to create smart packagings and related partnerships.
- You work closely with the NPD project manager to ensure that projects are delivered on time and in full;
- You conduct thorough analyses, testing, and evaluation of existing products to identify areas for enhancement or refinement;
- You embed learnings in Quality frameworks with the Quality Manager;
- You identify opportunities for product optimization and share those with your fellow R&D team members;
It goes without saying that you are enthusiastic, excited to take on a challenge, not afraid to go the extra mile and have a great sense of humor. But this also describes you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred;
- 3-5 years of experience in product optimization, engineering, or a related role, preferably within the consumer goods industry. But don’t hesitate to apply if you have more experience;
- Proficiency in CAD software and other design tools for packaging development and prototyping;
- Strong knowledge of packaging materials, manufacturing processes, and supply chain logistics;
- Experience with sustainability practices and principles related to packaging design and materials;
- You are comfortable working in a team as well as being self-starting. You take pride in keeping your product documentation accurate;
- Passion for outdoor cooking and an understanding of consumer preferences and market trends is a bonus.
What do we offer?
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic and ambitious team;
- Enough space for personal input and development;
- The lines within our organization are short. This allows you to get things done quickly and you can really mean something;
- You will receive a competitive salary, which of course includes your age and experience;
- A laptop;
- Weekly delicious fresh fruit during the lunch table and on Tuesday provided lunch;
- Non-contributory pension;
- Possibility of personal development;
- 25 vacation days and 8% holiday pay (on a full-time basis);
- 30% staff discount.
Who are we?
Fyron was born from a collaboration between 200° Fahrenheit and OFYR. A passion for outdoor cooking and innovative product design led to the creation of The Bastard, Grill Guru and Grizzly Grills brands, making us one of the biggest players in the European ceramic barbecue market. OFYR is at the heart of an entirely new wood-fired cooker, which allows people to cook plancha style on the plate, an extremely social and spectacular experience.
At Fyron, we want people to connect with each other. Our products are designed to bring people together, a value that we also uphold in our workplace. We are driven by passion, solidarity, genuine enthusiasm and a playful mindset, which we use to work towards a common goal. We have a winner's mentality and settle for nothing but the best. We believe in strong and sustainable partnerships with our colleagues, clients and our global network.
Working at Fyron means working as a team to realize the growth of our brands. We help each other through difficulties and make time to celebrate successes. We are a company that constantly evolves and grows. We invest in our people, equipment and systems. The atmosphere is informal, but everyone has a healthy ambition and common goal. We also make time for fun outings, after-work drinks and, of course, fun barbecue evenings.
Then we would like to receive your CV and motivation! You can send it via our online application form. Please tell us everything you think we should know about; projects you are proud of, successes, etc. For questions or more information about the position, please contact our R&D Manager Bobby Adriaansens via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the procedure please contact our HR Recruiter Willemijn via email@example.com